Thursday, February 5, 2009

My scarlet line S2501091100H

It's my secret, my burden
The misery I cannot share with anyone
The whisper in the dark that only I can hear
The pounding sound of my own heartbeat
at the thought of what lies ahead
It's my distress, my uncertainty
My terror of an unknown tomorrow
My rejection, my dejection, my constant depression
Hung out down my window for all to see

It was my shame, my pain and my disdain
Now it's my claim to fame and cleans my tearstain
It was my failing, my weakness
My deepest, ugliest, open-est secret
Now it's a degree of my strength
My foundation towards a delightful conclusion
It was my threat, my dread, my worst failure
Now it's my promise, my hope, my greatest victory
It was soiled and sullied, now it's red and pristine
It's my scarlet line
Hung out down my window for all to see.

©2009 by Genial

No comments: