Tuesday, January 27, 2009

She breaks my heart but I won't let her go

I saw you that first time
And knew you were the one
After you there would be none
This one would last a lifetime
Fell in love with you right from the start
But you didn't even know that I was there
I loved you - yes, with all my heart
I longed to show you how much I cared

I've courted you, I've wooed you
Countless flowers I've bought you
I've done little things that don't say much
And all the big things that say all such
Maybe sometimes I try too hard, I agree
Called you often but there was no reply
I've stayed awake wondering where you were
And wishing that you would come to me

I missed you all those times you stayed away
It was a pain so steep I could not sleep
Oh, how is it possible for love to be so deep
That just one kind word from you makes my day?
I know those things that you don't tell me
I care so much, I feel your very heartbeat
Many times you hurt me, again and again
But I can't bear to think this is all in vain

Many times I've said this - I'll never pretend
I'm saying it again; it's you I desire
I would give everything for you, my friend
And do it everyday for the rest of my life
For you, my friend, I would die a thousand times
Climb every mountain, and everything above
If it would save yours, I would give up my life
Yes, and more, because I'm hopelessly in love.

©2008 by Genial

No comments: