Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Featured poem: 50%

I desired to go into the deepest depths that I could go
deepest depths of depravity that the world and true blood say is quite so
the way to live for the rich and delightful
the ice bling, and two bitch-ho on either arm yo
practicing menage a trois to standing ovations and night rituals
MTV bling, cribs, and adult-(e)RATED messing up my visuals
but His hand kept me, in actuality it never left me


still though I desired to explore and let my lust flow
Jane Doe draws first blood, I draw the first blow
job 9 - 5 and party all night tho
media hype tells me it's the entourage life, that's how we live bro!
gain the whole world, strip in da club and stay flossing my dough
forget about the soul, live and let live, and when the day comes if we must go, we must go
but I get kfc for lunch, breakfast, and dinner and on a good day, trip over to costco
one gray day looking at the dawn, it dawns on me, come crashing down on me, man I'm Lost YO!
but His hand kept me, in actuality it never left me

now am hungry and thirsty, challenges they try and they test me
how can I, always at my best be? labour to be the best G,
trial & times they develop and arrest me, Yet He never left me,
so He says to me, come into my rest Ji, see what things I've set ye
burden is light and everything easy, all you have to do is believe me
you've heard the truth, now let it set free, NOW I'm HALF FULL, I USED TO BE HALF EMPTY
Heaven SENT, not 50 (PER)CENT

copyright 2009 SabreLight

No comments: