Monday, May 12, 2008

Featured poem: Miss Dominique Wyse (II)

Finally she answers me! She calls out to me! Finally she notices how long I have
waited at her gates
She opens her luscious lips and speaks to me, like the song of angels it sounds to me
she curls her tongue and her words swirl out straight and sure, clean and pure
picture perfect without flaw,

To me she is more than any jewel, I desire her more than gold or silver,
nothing I have, nothing i desire compares to her
I love to sit at her gates, to see where she lives with her flatmates
when she's next to me, she makes me look good, as good as a King
she makes my worth more than a million dynasties of diamond mining

My father prefers her more than any other I had before,
in her I find life and the Lord's favour
and now she's answered and me and tells me that she loves me
she prepares a wonderful meal and lays a table before me
the finest of berries, rich rose bouquets that make a man's heart merry
because of her, I desire to live forever, with her in my arms I do not desire any other
finally my darling she calls, and I answer


copyright 2008 SabreLight

1 comment:

Genial said...

Indeed, Sabre. I desire Miss Wyse too. Every right-thinking man should!