Thursday, February 21, 2008

Featured poem: She walks

with a sway that says I'm a Lady
not the hyperbolic hip hop way that screams
when in love I'm Crazy
no, in her own way she exudes the stuff of dreams
the talk of oasis points, and water fountains
welcome distractions from a frenetic work pace,
she's once, twice, maybe even three times a lady
one glance at her inspires tomes like R Lovelace

soft spoken, curly wisps, and understated hips
what does the song say? Deep enough, there is no valley, high enough there are no mountains
to keep me...but hush, before immortal words are uttered from these lips
because I find it strange that I don't desire her, I just love to admire her
never giving the mind too far to wonder, but having some good points to ponder
what it would be like to have a lady like her
because when she walks, and sways, my mind says
hmmm she walks like she's a lady

copyright 2008 SabreLight

1 comment:

Sam Oracle said...

Don't know how to describe this one.
I think itz wonderful.

Keep em' coming.